If you run an organization that requires workers to come in at different shifts, it can be a hassle to track their shifts and attendance. Often the HR or admin department uses a manual register to allocate shifts – morning, evening, general and so on. Staff often changes their shift based on personal situations too.
It is difficult to sync that with attendance machines and there is a manual reconciliation required at the end of the month. The entire process is tedious and cumbersome, to say the least.
If you’ve been suffering from this, you will be delighted to find an easy and technological solution.
1. Upgrade to Truein scheduling
- The admin can upload a spreadsheet with shift details for the entire staff in one go in the Truein dashboard
- Alternatively, the admin can assign shifts individually to every worker from the web dashboard
- The workers’ face attendance everyday will get mapped against their allocated shift
- It is also possible to schedule shifts automatically based on attendance. In other words, if a worker punches attendance during general shift timings, the system will automatically assign general shift to him.
2. Get the Truein job mapping feature
If you activate job mapping, every worker will have to select his job ID at the time of attendance. If his job ID gets wrongly selected, the admin will have the rights to change it from the web dashboard. This ensures attendance is linked to job IDs.
Why should you link an attendance system with shift scheduling and job mapping features?
1. Make it fool-proof: An attendance system has critical records about a worker’s in-time, out-time, hour clocked, leaves, overtime and so on. It is important from a compliances stand point and also from remuneration point of view. It should not be left to manual syncs and reconciliations. When you automate everything, you can be assured of an audit trail too.
2. Make it convenient: It is easy for everyone to view their allocated shifts through the Truein face attendance system. The admins can focus on the more important tasks and let Truein automatically allocate shifts or track assigned shifts.
3. Get powerful analytics: When you do job mapping and shift scheduling through the attendance system, you are recording critical data on a daily basis. It builds into our powerful analytics and reports. You can see insights around:
- How many workers are coming in their allocated shifts?
- Which shifts have least or most attendance?
- Which shifts have overtime issues?
- Which worker or department needs to be appreciated or warned?
All of it can be viewed in real-time by the employer as well as the workers in the web dashboard or the mobile dashboard. Critical decisions need not wait until the end of the month; the organization can be more agile.
4. Meet compliance standards: Time tracking is an important legal requirement as well. Compensation may vary depending on shifts – night workers may have higher hourly pay for instance. The overtime rates may also vary based on shifts – weekend rates may be higher.
All of this can be managed from one powerful Truein system. The time and location stamps are tamper-proof. They are not dependent on the user’s system but on our servers. So, they can be used for all audits.
Never again go the manual way
Truein face attendance system has been tried and tested by big brands across the country with large shift-based staff. We’ve fine-tuned the system through many years to make it powerful and useful. Experience the power of linking everything – face attendance, time-tracking, overtime policy, shift scheduling, job mapping, leave management and more.
It can all be exported into one master sheet which can feed into your remuneration and audit reports.
Got questions? Schedule a demo with our team and experience Truein first-hand.